There are many different theories and opinions out there regarding weight loss. It’s so confusing that most people give up before they even try.
Dieting and exercise go hand in hand. Studies show that physically active people tend to stick with their diet. So, if you can’t stand to be on a restrictive diet, the best thing you can do is hit the gym hard.
If you exercise correctly and consistently, you might lose more weight than dieting alone! To find out more on customized keto dieting, visit the Custom Diet website for more information.
Does Exercise Speed Up Weight Loss In Ketosis?
Yes, it can. Exercise releases hormones that make us feel good about ourselves. It also helps us maintain muscle mass, which helps us burn more calories throughout the day.
And of course, one of the most fundamental reasons exercise is essential for weight loss is that it is a known fact that when people exercise, they tend to eat less and therefore lose weight. Adding these to the existing ketosis state will surely speed up the inevitable.
How Does Ketosis Help You Lose Weight?
While most people think of weight loss in terms of calories, many other factors affect how fast someone burns fat.
Before you start burning fat, your body has to be in a state where it can burn fat, and for most people, this is ketosis.
When this happens, ketones are produced as a by-product. The liver produces these ketones from stored fat.
Burning fat is a much more efficient way to lose weight because it requires much less energy than burning carbs. This efficiency makes losing weight much faster.
When in ketosis, the body’s metabolism switches from using glucose for energy to using ketone bodies. This results in a reduction of blood sugar and insulin levels.
The keto diet is often described as a low-calorie and high-fat diet, while modest amounts of protein are added. This diet tends to be full of good fats such as omega-3 fatty acids.
It’s gaining popularity for its ability to help with weight loss, management, and mental focus.
Ketogenic diet plans are among the most effective diets for losing weight. Research shows that the keto diet is significantly better at helping people cut weight better than most low-fat and high-calorie diets.
A keto diet significantly increases total cholesterol levels, LDL, and HDL levels and decreases triglycerides in obese patients.
The keto diet has also been shown to have many other health benefits, such as improving blood sugar levels and reducing cardiovascular disease risk factors.
The keto diet restricts carbohydrate intake to about 5% of total calories consumed. This severely limits the number of carbohydrates you consume but replaces them with fats and proteins.
How Can Exercise Speed Up Weight Loss?
There are two ways that exercise can speed up weight loss.
- The first is through caloric expenditure. You burn calories during a workout, and your body will continue to burn calories even after the workout is done, going as high as 10% above baseline for up to 12 hours after you exercise.
This can be a great way to burn fat around the clock.
- Exercise also speeds up weight loss by increasing your metabolic rate, reducing the number of calories you store as fat. It also burns off the calories already stored in your body.
If you’re lifting weights, you’ll want to increase your protein consumption post-workout to build muscle and speed up this process.
Why Some People Lose Weight Quicker Than Others
The answer to this question may seem like a no-brainer. Some people can lose weight quickly, and others have a tough time. There are several reasons why some people lose weight quicker than others.
- Some people lose weight quicker than others because they eat less and exercise more.
- Some people have higher metabolic rates than others. One’s basal metabolic rate, otherwise known as BMR, is the number of calories that their body expends when it’s resting. A higher BMR indicates that a person has a higher resting energy expenditure and therefore burns more calories when at rest.
- The other reason some people lose weight quicker than others is their mindset. If you are not losing weight as fast as you would like, you need to change your mindset.
It would help if you started believing in yourself and how successful you will be. Because it is your mindset that will determine how fast or slow you lose weight.
How many exercises Should You Be Doing While in Ketosis?
Exercise is one of the most controversial topics in the world of keto. Some people believe that if you do too much exercise while on keto, it can cause your body to burn muscle and stall weight loss. Others think it’s okay if you eat enough fat and protein.
So, which is it?
We have found that most people don’t need to worry about being in ketosis while they exercise heavily. If anything, exercising in ketosis will put you at an advantage. However, you need to be patient and consistent to see results.
There are a few tips to guide you:
- The most crucial step is to get active. You can start by walking or exercising that you enjoy. It lets you “test drive” activity to see if you will stick with it over time.
- If possible, add resistance training to your routine two to three times a week; this helps build and maintain muscle mass, burning more calories than fat. These activities help increase your metabolism for 24 to 48 hours after the workout ends.
- Most importantly, remember that achieving and maintaining a healthy weight takes time. Weight loss isn’t a fast process, and it’s not realistic to overdo it.
- Remember, ketosis will lead to weight loss; this is just a process of speeding it up.
Which Exercises Speed Up Weight Loss In Ketosis?
Ketosis burns fat instead of glucose; the result is a loss of water and electrolytes. Exercises can help with the process.
When your body draws on its fat reserves for energy, it burns more calories. And because the body is getting its energy from the fat stored in your body, you will lose weight.
Getting into the right fitness level before starting any exercise regime will help you achieve your goals faster.
A regular exercise routine is good for your body and relieves combat stress and depression, which are common health issues related to weight loss.
Here are five that speed up weight loss in ketosis;
- The best exercises in this state of ketosis are strength training and HIT (High-Intensity Interval Training).
Weightlifting and HIT burn more calories than just doing cardio. Strength training combined with HIT burns about five times as many calories as just doing cardio.
- Swimming: It will help you build endurance, lose weight and burn fat effectively.
Cycling is an excellent exercise for beginners as it isn’t strenuous on joints. Cycling exercises efficiently boost your metabolism and accelerate weight loss in ketosis. You can either use a stationary bike at home or go to a gym and take cycling classes.
Cycling allows the entire body to be exercised and increases the rate of burning calories. It is an excellent cardio-based workout that will enable you to burn more calories than jogging and running.
- Running and Jogging
One of the most effective weight-loss exercises is running. Running on a treadmill can effectively lose body fat; a 45-minute run burns 350 calories.
- Aerobics: This helps to burn calories and lose weight
How Long Does It Take To Get Into Ketosis?
As a general rule, ketosis is triggered after you’ve been without carbohydrates for three days. Ketosis is the state in which your body starts to use fat as its primary energy source. When this happens, you begin to burn fat faster and lose weight.
To start a ketogenic diet, it’s essential that you first keep your body in a fasted state for at least 16 hours.
A fasted state allows your body to access its stores of sugars and carbohydrates, which are the two nutrients that prevent ketosis. Once these stores have been depleted, your body will start using fats to convert them into energy.
Weight loss can be difficult, but it doesn’t have to be. While exercise is vital to any weight loss journey, speed up your results by eating the right foods and exercising in a way that boosts ketones.
We hope that you were able to learn about the different methods for reaching your fitness goals and that we were able to help answer any questions you may have had.
You can read more about how to do this in our guide, which you can check out for free at https://customketodiet.com/.